Who We Are
Crossfit South Surrey Mission and Vision
Crossfit South Surrey, formerly CC Trainers performance and rehab centre, is still a human performance and rehabilitation centre. What’s truly different about our crossfit box is it caters 95% to the average recreation population. This being the person wanting to get in the best shape of their lives with no injuries and not compete on a larger scale, only with themselves. Crossfit South Surrey is a wildly valuable, inexpensive solution to personal training instead of a really expensive “gym” memberships where pay and don’t go.
We offer lifting classes which brings a competitive environment, but the competitor is you. Lifting classes are for all level of members and caters to beginners. We participate in the open and have friendly competitions a few times a year, but that is the extend of our competing. If you have eyes on the games and competing you will have a huge community supporting your efforts, however you will be advised to seek out another competitive facility who specializing in getting you game ready and with other like minded athletes.
We specialize in one-on-one personal training, group classes for all ages, nutritional consulting and rehabilitation services all under one roof. We have in-house certified personal trainers, National Strength and Conditioning Coaches, Kinesiologists, physiotherapist, a natural path, a coach trained in PRI Right AIC and Right BC patterns.
Most of our coaches have all been trained extensively by gold and bronze medalist Christine Girard, which equal years of knowledge. Christine is one of our claim to fames and worked with us for 5 years. Not to mention all the coaches have a very high level of learning outside being a crossfit level 1 coach. Naturopathic Doctor, kinesiologist, Nurse to mention a few. At CFSS a level 1 coach is not a coach. Taking a 2 day course and being good at the crossfit moves does not make you qualify to coach others.
Years of training with human and knowing injury prevention and scaling is key!
A Facility For All
This Facility is for the most awkward of exercisers who may lack self confidence or the older/younger athlete who may have had prior injuries who still want to be pushed to their true potential. Finding peoples weaknesses and showing them what they can do without aster-bating new injuries. We focus 100% on what they can do, which goes a long way to health, wellness, physically and most important mentally.
Carolyn has worked extremely hard to make this fitness model for CFSS Crossfit Community. Carolyn, coaches and therapists feel there is lots of room for improvement and helping members feel inclusive.
We have helped people with all sort of injuries
Over the past 25 years, Carolyn has seen her share of injuries and complaints from clients and members:
- Pushed too hard
- Uneducated coaches, usually prior crossfitters with a 2 day course certification!
- Doing Olympic lifts and workouts to fast and sloppy
- Too much weight too soon, causing herniated discs and muscle tears – pushing RX’s weights
- Improper form when lifting, BUTT WINK, DOUBLE WINKS, ROUNDER SHOULDERS
- Insufficient warm-up or none at all
- Overuse injuries from repetition
- Not using unilateral moves – all Crossfit moves are mainly on the sagittal plane.
- Working only the big muscle group not the synergist – which are the smaller muscle under the big ones that help the big guys.
- Poor biomechanics, mainly due to improper stretching, posture and severe tightness – but lift too much anyway. The left side of the body is different from the right as most people are right stance.
- They don’t feel like they fit in, this is a big one!
- Watch YouTube and say there is no way I can do that!
Join Our Community
Crossfit South Surrey addresses all these above issues and caters to the average person, coming in to meet other like minded people and have a positive experience – fully assessed, and guided in nutrition, fat loss, learning lifts and having fun with crossfit wods but don’t want to compete on a larger scale.