In the foundation classes participants will achieve proficiency in the CrossFit foundational movements. These classes are less intense so as to offer the best opportunity for participants to retain the instruction. Foundation classes are required for new members and can also be helpful for members who may need a technique tune-up. We offer private and semi-private foundation classes to learn the below foundation moves for better retention and to accommodate busy schedules. This could take as little as 2 – 3 sessions or more depending on your fitness level when starting.
During the Foundation classes we are going to want to know a little more about you. We will be conducting assessments in order to understand you, your personal goals and current health concerns. Once we have an understanding of your needs, we can help you achieve your goals.
Additionally, you will receive a comprehensive understanding of the CrossFit program. We’ll introduce, refine technique and discuss range of motion requirements for the following movements:
- Squats: air squat, front squat, overhead squat,
- Presses: shoulder press, push press, push jerk
- Power movements: deadlift, sumo deadlifts, med ball clean
- Olympic movements: clean and jerk, snatch
- Gymnastics: pull-up, push-ups, burpees, dips,Handstands, wall walks etc..
- Other common movements: thrusters, wall ball, kettlebell swings, rowing, box jumps,rope,jump roping.
Remember, all these moves can and will be modified to fit your personal goals and fitness level at the time. Best thing about these classes is everyone regardless of there fitness level can work out together and get their needs met!
In the foundation class you will learn how to safely perform these common movements as well as receive an overview of our training principles.